Who We Are
Wisconsin Women Cycling is a Non-competitive Cycling Event Management Organization base in Cedarburg, Wisconsin and we like to have fun.
As a privately owned and operated entity and guided by our Mission, our focus at Wisconsin Women Cycling is event creation, planning and management of non-competitive sporting activities primarily set around cycling - women cycling in particular.
Through networking and outreach efforts, we strive to create safe, fun, social and educational environments meant to inspire girls and women to make healthy choices, on and off their bikes.
As a sole proprietor, we currently are a one-person operation outsourcing many of the needs required to run the business. Events are primarily staffed with volunteers and community groups. Most of the events we organize or manage benefit our Foundation. Our Foundation, Wisconsin Women’s Fund, Inc. is governed by our Volunteer Board of Directors and staffed by volunteer members.
Though our events are held in the outdoors, we run the operations in-home using the Family Enrichment Center in Grafton to conduct some business and meetings. We will be locating to an office in Cedarburg by May 1, 2018.
The business is growing, and we are looking for someone to help structure efficiency around the office and at events. The ideal candidate will compliment my need to network with individuals and collaborate with businesses, organizations, bike clubs, bike shops and community groups that benefit from our events.
We are looking to fill a part-time position with a hardworking, qualified individual that is willing to work a 10-20 hour/week, including some weekends and evenings. I am open-minded and flexible within reason.
- Employment starts Feb 5, 2018, perhaps sooner
- Pay will increase and permanent employment will be offered to the right candidate after a 6-week probationary period.
- The week leading up to the Wisconsin Bike Festival may be a 40-hour week
How To Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to CindyPetted@gmail.com in PDF format.
- Using an effective filing system, organize processes and each event using a combination of paper and digital files and records
- Supporting administrative tasks (redirecting calls, disseminating correspondence, scheduling meetings etc.)
- Greet and assist visitors when they arrive at the office
- Identify needed tasks and how they can be covered by volunteers or groups
- Research and manage vendor relationships
- Deal with customer complaints or issues
- Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders
- Assist in vendor relationship management
- Setup and manage the Operation Tent at events (Not clinics, but events like Cindyrella Classic, Wisconsin Bike Festival, etc.)
- Other tasks as necessary
- Inventory, sales, managing volunteers
- Perform basic bookkeeping entries and work alongside our Bookkeeper with QuickBooks accounting system
- Monitor office expenditures and handle office contracts
- Reliable with patience and professionalism
- Proven experience as office coordinator or in a similar role
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in customer service will be a plus (if no experience, candidate must be willing to learn)
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management procedures
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of office equipment (e.g. printer, scanner, etc.)
- Have the ability to lift up to 30 lbs without limitations
- Associate’s/College degree; BSc/Ba in business administration or relevant field is a plus
- Project/Event Management degree or experience is a plus
Based on experience, we will offer an hourly pay of a competitive rate for this area. When the candidate completes the 6-week probation period, an increase in pay will be given. We will provide logo’d shirts to wear at work and at events. We are not offering insurance, workman’s comp, retirement or other benefits at this time.
Wisconsin Women Cycling is an Equal Opportunity Employer.