M Squared Engineering is actively seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, self-directed Construction Engineer/Inspector to join our transportation team for a full-time position in our Cedarburg, WI office. Two (2) years minimum of related experience is preferred, along with an understanding of ensuring conformance to engineering plans and specifications material management for WisDOT and local Municipal projects. Our reputation of providing high quality deliverables has increased our need to bring on construction inspection support. M Squared Engineering has established an excellent record of successfully completing projects within budget and on time. Our firm offers career development and growth in the company.
- Understand Field Engineering/survey staking/inspection operations
- Understand and perform material inspection and documentation
- Understand and support interpretation of WisDOT and Municipal plans and specifications
- Coordinate construction activities with staff
- Communicate directly with contractors
- Preferred - Bachelors or Associates Degree in an Engineering/Construction related field
- Previous Project Experience including construction oversight
- An understanding of Construction Sequence
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Minimum of 2+ years of work experience preferred
- Technical knowledge in the use of GPS and survey equipment and software
- Ability to maintain daily inspection reports, performance calculations, photos and as-built records and perform necessary survey calculations
- HTCP Certifications not required, but preferred
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
- Excellent growth potential and firm outlook
- Strong potential to become the Lead Construction Engineer for our firm as current staff retire.