Youth Services Assistant - Cedarburg Public Library
Assist the Head of Youth Services Librarian in the provision of library services to the Cedarburg community, and uphold the Library's mission as set by the Library Board of Trustees. Focus is on providing service and programming to children, youth, and their caregivers. Ability to work with school aged children and create programs related to school curriculum and STEAM activities.
Hours of Work: Approximately 19 hours a week. One night a week, one weekend a month, along with daytime hours. Flexibility to work when needed is REQUIRED. $15.69 per hour
Part-time/ hourly / non-exempt / no benefits apply
APPLY ONLINE FROM THE CITY OF CEDARBURG WEBSITE
- Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to a positive, helpful, friendly, inviting environment for library users and maintain a level of excellent patron service. Act as a team player and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with co-workers.
- Staff the youth information desk and provide reference service as directed by the Head of Youth Services Librarian. Instruct and assist patrons on MonarchCat.
- Provide reader's advisory to recommend books and advise patrons in finding books and materials in the library and from other libraries or digital sources.
- Assist with children and youth programs, displays, and the creation of brochures.
- Monitor the public computers and Tinkerlab area and assist patrons with basic tech help.
- Follow library and department policies and procedures and interpret to patrons as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of library patron information.
- Related duties and responsibilities as determined by Head of Youth Services.
- Has a commitment to continuous learning to improve skills and maintain professional knowledge through reading professional literature, attending training sessions, and other opportunities as they arise. Stays current with trends in library service to youth.
- Maintains a professional demeanor along with excellent communication skills and contributes to the overall well being of the workplace.
- Minimum qualifications & Requirements
Tools and Equipment Used
- May assist with opening/closing procedures.
- May be assigned projects as needed.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Automated shared resource system (MonarchCat), networked personal computer and peripherals, MS Office and other job related software, printers, copier, fax, scanner, telephone, calculator, paper cutter, laminator, elevator, carts and pushing carts and tables. Some tech equipment, such as, 3D printer.
- Supplemental information
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Education: some college course work in the field of early education and/or library science is helpful.
- Experience working with the public, including children, in a customer service position.
- Some knowledge of current library principles, materials, practices, and patron service.
- Considerable knowledge of children's authors, books, and genres.
- Working knowledge of computer applications for library services, internet searching skills and ability to discern reliable website information.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interpret patron needs and multi-task with ease.
- Flexibility to work a schedule of days, evenings, and weekends is required.
- Ability to operate all items listed under Tools and Equipment.