We are seeking a Shipping Receiving Clerk to become an integral part of our team! You will help coordinate incoming and outgoing shipment activities. We are looking for two full-time employees.
Monday-Friday: 9:00-5:30 p.m.
· Assemble, address, stamp, and ship merchandise or material
· Unpack, verify, and record incoming merchandise or material
· Arrange appropriate transportation of products
· Assist customers with shipping inquiries
· Perform other administrative duties as assigned
· Basic computer skills
· Previous experience in shipping, logistics, or other related fields
· Ability to handle physical workload (lifting up to 50lbs)
· Ability to multitask and prioritize
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Strong organizational skills
Shipping Job Description
1) Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
2) Determines the method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
3) Affixes shipping labels on packages identifying shipping information on packages.
4) Assembles cardboard or package.
5) Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
6) Routes items to departments.
7) Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
8) Maintains the inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
9) May operate forklift or use a hand truck to move items.
If interested, please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org